You may have noticed by now that we love Jello. It may seem strange to some of you, but it is a staple here in good ol’ Utah! I love this recipe because you can serve it as a side dish or dessert!
For Thanksgiving this year I was asked to bring a Jello Salad. Typically my family makes some sort of cranberry Jell-o salad, or orange salad. But – I’m not a fan of mandarin oranges or cranberries in Jell-o. I figured since I’m in the ‘pinterest’ generation – I could find something else amazing that I’d love even more.
But, I didn’t.
Everything I saw had cottage cheese or mandarin oranges or was otherwise gross-looking. So I figured I’d make my own using an adaptation an Orange Fluff salad I found online to make my own Strawberry Fluff Jello Salad.
Not only was it a big hit at Thanksgiving – I was asked to bring it again, at Christmas. So I figured I’d share the recipe with all of you
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (1 ounce) package fat free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (.3 ounce) package sugar free orange Jello
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together thawed Cool Whip, pudding mix and jello mix until smooth.
- Fold in crushed pineapple and mandarin oranges and mix until combined.
- Chill in refrigerator until serving.
WW POINT: 1